Recycled material are collected every other week. Call the Town office at 704-821-5401.
Please use your the navy blue recycling cart for all you recyclables!
Roll-Out Carts Make Recycling Easier
Each resident receives, at no charge, one 96-gallon navy blue recycling cart (with a lid to keep material dry and prevent litter!). All recycling goes in this cart together.
The navy blue recycling carts are easy to use and place at the curb than bins, hold more items, increase collection efficiency, and reduce the cost for recycling, allowing the town to save valuable tax dollars.
What Can Be Recycled Curbside
Residents can recycle many new items to further reduce the waste going to the landfill. Please rinse all food, drink, or other residue from items first. Here’s a list of recyclable items:
- Plastics 1-7
- Aluminum Cans
- Cardboard Boxes
- Cereal & Food Boxes
- Magazines & Phone Books
- Metal Food Cans & Lids
- Milk & Juice Cartons, & Juice Boxes
- Mixed Paper, Newspapers with Inserts, & Junk Mail
- Paperback Books
- Rigid Plastic Containers
- Shredded Paper (placed in clear bag)
- Spiral Paper Cans (with plastic lids detached)
- Wide-Mouth Plastic Containers & Lids
What Cannot Be Recycled
The following should not go in your navy blue cart:
- Audio and video cassettes, and photographic film, CDs and DVDs
- Caps (only wide-mouth plastic and steel can lids can be recycled)
- CFL light bulbs (spiral energy saving bulbs): Do not place them in your recycling cart or garbage cart (they contain mercury.)
- Clothing (or other fabric)
- Computers, printers, and old televisions.
- Household garbage
- Household glassware
- Paint cans
- Aerosol cans
- Pizza boxes (or other cardboards with food residue)
- Plastic bags, plastic film, or plastic wrap (recycle shopping bags at participating stores)
- Rubber or tires
- Small appliances like toasters, vacuum cleaners, and blenders.
Bulk Waste Collection
While some items cannot be collected with your regular recycling collection they can be collected during bulk waste collection days held in November 2018, and February, May and August 2019. Pickup is on your regularly scheduled recycle day within the black boxes of these months on the Waste Calendar.