The Town of Indian Trail has launched a new online system that will allow residents to submit service requests and receive real-time updates on the progress of their projects. This will replace the current service request form on the Town’s website.
The system, developed by North Carolina-based company Dude Solutions, can be used to submit a variety of requests, including sidewalk maintenance, stormwater maintenance, street maintenance, and street sign repair/replacement.
To submit a request:
- Visit the Town’s website at www.indiantrail.org
- Click on the Submit a Request icon on the homepage.
- Those submitting a request for the first time will be asked to sign up as a new user and create an account.
- To begin a request, either click on the map to place a pin or use the search bar to find an address or place.
- Select Create Work Request.
- Choose the Work Category, describe the work requested and submit a photo if available.
- When complete, click Submit Work Request.
By creating an account, users will receive regular updates on the status of their requests and can see a history of all the requests they’ve submitted.
“The new service request system will allow the Town to provide increased transparency and enhanced communication with our residents when they submit requests,” said Adam McLamb, director of public works. “It also creates internal efficiencies by having all requests housed in one location. We look forward to using this system and hope our residents see the benefits as well.”